The course design is swiftly becoming a reality. Our progress since the year began includes:
- Landscape construction of new greens, bunkers and tees is complete on all but one hole of the Championship course, as well as at the 22,000 square foot putting green and two-acre Short Game practice area.
- We’ve made a variety of enhancements that draw attention to the course’s rolling Red Hills topography and stately live oak trees, while providing healthy conditions for turf. We hope to have turfgrass thriving on the new greens, fairways and tees later this year.
- New drainage and irrigation systems have been installed throughout the front nine, with work ongoing on the back nine. Better irrigation systems will create a productive environment for turfgrass and consistent playing conditions.
- We’ve completed the design and construction of hole 17, “Narrow Gap.” This hole now features a new, larger pond that borders the entire front right side of the green. The hole fits into the landscape perfectly and will be an exciting test for all golfers!
- The new practice range is coming to life. Landscape construction work on the 40,000 square foot range tee is complete, and we’ve removed vegetation to expand the facility. Our next step is to add soil and raise the back of the range to increase the overall depth of the practice facility.
Demolition of the former clubhouse building is complete
You can watch a short time lapse video of the demolition at ReimagineKillearnCC.com. Later this year, we’ll begin construction of an all-new clubhouse complex with a restaurant and pool, as well as tennis and pickleball courts.